Thursday, February 13, 2014

NJ blues

After a week and a half in the steamy tropical rain forest of Guyana, it was a bit of a shock to return to winter today. The trip home was long and fraught, thanks to the reported threat of violence against our flight out of Georgetown; it meant lots of extra security, with bomb-sniffing dogs checking the cargo hold and all of our luggage, double and triple checks of our paperwork, and multiple trips through all the requisite scanners. It also meant that photos were verboten for much of the day, so it wasn't until I collected my car and started to make my way home that I could finally pull out my phone and snap today's shot. New Jersey was cold and still -- blue instead of green -- and the only sound was the constant rush of passing traffic. What a jolting change from yesterday!


No comments:

Post a Comment